Getting a Dubai work visa for Indians is not rocket science if you have a recruiter or sponsor to vouch for you. Visa is one of the documents required to shift to your destination foreign country to fulfil your task of moving abroad. A work visa is what you need if you are planning to apply for a job or to do business in Dubai.
What is a Dubai Work Visa for Indians?
By work, you might understand that this work visa is a document an Indian needs to work to earn a tax-free income in Dubai. A work visa is a sort of permit an Indian citizen receives from the Dubai immigration department to work or do business in Dubai.
Read More: How to Get Qatar Work Visa
Eligibility Criteria of Dubai Work Visa for Indians
An 18+ Indian who meets the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation’s requirements is eligible to apply for a job and Dubai work visa from India.
Any individual who is 65+ can also apply for a job in Dubai, but his corporation might charge a premium price for him. The Dubai government has set a category for foreign workers based on their academic qualifications and skills.
- Category 1 is for those who have a bachelor’s degree.
- Category 2 people hold a post-secondary diploma in any field.
- Category 3 people have a high school diploma.
You can get a job in Dubai and earn a tax-free income if you fulfil all the requirements for foreigners to work in Dubai.
How to Apply & Get a Dubai Work Visa?
A work visa is one of the essential documents you need to fly to Dubai for work. But, this requirement is a task accomplished by the employer who hired you in Dubai. First, secure a job in Dubai from India, then submit the below-mentioned documents to your employer.
The company or employer who offered you a job in Dubai is responsible for applying for your Dubai work visa.
- Attested educational certificates
- Authentic valid passport
- Job offer letter
- Attested medical certificate
- Entry Permit
- Fill out the visa application form carefully
- Passport size photographs
Once you have received your work visa, you can prepare for your trip to Dubai.
Steps to Apply for a Dubai Work Visa
- The employer who hires you will sponsor your work visa and apply for it from the Ministry of Labour.
- Your sponsor or employer gets an approved entry permit on your behalf.
- You can legitimately enter the nation for employment purposes on your entry permit.
- Your entry permit is only valid for two months, so apply for a residence visa and work permit within these months.
- Get your legal documents attested by the concerned State Government authorities, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), and the Dubai embassy in India.
- Attestation confirms that your documents are genuine and you can use them outside your country.
- Once you get your work visa, you need to enter Dubai within seven days.
- In Dubai, apply for a labour card, free zone employment, and an ID card, which are mandatory for expats in Dubai.
- A residence visa is necessary to work and legitimately stay in Dubai.
- Applying for a residence visa is a walk in the park. You only need to submit your duly completed application form, entry permit, and original passport to immigration authorities and the Emirates ID service centre.
- After applying for a residence permit, go to the health centre for a body medical checkup.
- This test will be similar to the one you did while travelling from India to Dubai to prove to the government that you are healthy and have no contagious disease.
- With a medical certificate and supporting documents, visit the Department of Naturalisation and Residency Dubai (DNRD) to get a visa stamped on your passport.
These permits are as vital as a work visa to work in Dubai without any hindrances. Keep in touch with your employer and maintain a healthy relationship with him to avoid legal troubles, follow all the rules for expats in Dubai, and stay updated with all the immigration policies in Dubai.
Documents Required for Dubai Work Visa for Indians
You need documents such as your experience letter, educational certificates, current or last salary details, etc, to apply for a job in Dubai.
In the same way, you use some documents two times in the entire Dubai work visa. First, when your employer applies for your Dubai work visa on your behalf, and second when you land in Dubai and apply for a Dubai work residency visa.
Here are the list of documents you need:-
- An Indian passport must have six months of validity from the day you reach Dubai.
- MEA and embassy attested Police clearance certificate.
- MEA and Dubai embassy attested medical certificates issued by any UAE-approved medical centre in India.
- Your passport-size photos with a white background.
Documents Needed for a Dubai Work Residency Visa
- Valid Indian Passport
- Birth certificate
- Driving licence
- Marriage certificate (if you are married)
- Attested police clearance certificate
- Medical test certificate attested
Types of Work Visas for Dubai
A visa is what you want to enter Dubai to get a permit to work there. Here are the different types of Dubai visas:-
- Entry permit visas
- Visit visas
- Tourist visas
- Student visas
- Multiple-entry visas
- Visas for medical treatment
Have a plan to obtain a permit to work in Dubai? Begin the process by searching for a job in Dubai and getting a work visa.
Read More: Types of Visa in UAE
Dubai Working Visa Processing Time
The processing time to get your Dubai work visa depends on when your employer has applied for it and your document verification and approval. If everything goes well, your employer may get your work visa in two to seven working days.
If your documents are inaccurate as per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation, the employer might get your Dubai work visa in ten to fifteen working days.
Once you get your Dubai work visa for India, upload it on the website of the airline with your airline ticket, the airline can label it as OK TO BOARD means you can fly to Dubai.
Dubai Work Visa Fees for Indians
The fee structure of a Dubai visa depends on the type of work permit you have applied for and the category of work residency visa. The cost of a Dubai Work Visa is around INR 4076.
Dubai Work Residency Visa has three categories, and they are:-
- Category 1 visa is for people who hold a Bachelor’s degree. This visa cost is INR 6115.
- If you have a post-secondary Diploma, you can apply for a category 2 Dubai work visa , which will cost you between INR 12,230- INR 40769.
- Category 3 If you have a high school diploma, you are eligible to apply for a Dubai work visa, which will cost you around INR 1,01,922.
Rules and Guidelines to Get a Dubai Work Visa for Indians
The government in Dubai has some rules and guidelines for employers and employees to follow to maintain the three factors – Safety for Dubai citizens and experts, high quality of living, and great amenities. These three factors make Dubai a cosmopolitan city and the best option to work and build a career.
Here are the rules and guidelines for foreign citizens to enter Dubai and for the employers to hire you.
- Only people above 18 have the right to work in Dubai.
- A company hiring you must have a valid licence and no violation record.
- Your profession should match the nature of the company that hires you.
- You cannot enter Dubai on a work visa until you have secured a job there. Working in Dubai on a tourist visa is illegal and considered a crime.
- If you work in Dubai without having a work visa, it may put you and your employer in judicial trouble.
- A residence visa is what is the most important document that ensures your stay for the long term.
- A residence visa is valid only for three years, so apply to increase the visa validity period before the three months of its expiring date.
An entry permit, work visa, job offer letter, residence visa, and labour card are vital if you want to work in Dubai.
Benefits of Dubai Work Permit
The following are the benefits you get from a Dubai work permit.
- You earn a tax-free income in Dirham.
- The Dubai government will consider you a resident as long as you are employed.
- You can be a sponsor of your parents, spouse, and children.
Read More: How to Apply for a UAE Golden Visa
How Long Can you Stay in Dubai After your Employment Visa Cancellation?
As per the Law of Dubai, you have only thirty days of grace period after the cancellation of your work visa to either change your visa status, apply for a new residence visa or leave the country.
If you stay overdue after the grace period of thirty days, a fine of AED 100 will be charged from the first day and AED 25 for each day till you amend your visa status or fly back to your home country.
If you are planning to study or work in Dubai and require document attestation services, you can count on Superb Enterprise Pvt.Ltd (SEPL).
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is the apex body that verifies and attests Indian documents to confirm they are legal and authentic. The MEA has officially approved SEPL to help people by providing quick and affordable attestation services in India.
We hope information related to Dubai work visas, like required documents, eligibility criteria, visa fees, documents attestation, etc, mentioned in this blog will help all the Indians when they apply for a Dubai Work Visa.