There are six broad types of visas/entry permits, including Tourist/Visit Visa, Medical Entry permit, E-Visa for GCC residents, Transit Visa, Student Visa for foreigners, and Retirement Visa for residents in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Therefore, in 2019, the UAE introduced Golden Visas, a new long-term residence visa in the UAE for foreigners.
What is a Golden Visa?
A Golden Visa is a sought way to increase foreign direct investment (FDI) by allowing foreign nationals, mainly entrepreneurs, business owners, artists, scientists, investors, brilliant students, doctors, and engineers, to set up companies, live, work and study in the UAE without employer sponsorship.
There are two types of Golden Visa, one has a five-year validity, and the other one has a validity of 10 years.
How to Apply for a Golden Visa in the UAE?
The government or royal court officials of the UAE nominates people for providing them with Golden Visas, which are different from Emirati citizenship.
There are special categories of applicants for Golden Visa services.
If you are eligible for a UAE Golden Visa but yet not nominated, you can register for one on the UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) website. On the website, fill out an online form on the box labeled – Visa – Golden Visa – Nomination Request For Golden Residence – New Request under the category, and you can be nominated.
The UAE immigration service, the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs, has created a professional team called “You Are Special” to resolve the issues and queries connected with .
What is the Process to Get a UAE Golden Visa?
1. In addition to the aforementioned, submit your request on the UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) website along with the required attested documents and Unified Identification Number (UID) – a six-digit number that is assigned to you when you entered in the UAE
2. Choose your UAE Golden Visa application category wisely.
3. Track your request status.
4. Once you receive a notification upon completion of the request, wait for your slot to get a UAE Golden Visa from the authorized government authorities in the UAE.
How can a Student Apply to Get a Golden Visa in UAE?
Golden Visas are only available for the students who obtained an average rate of at least 95 percent in the high school certificate from an authorized school and university students who have a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.75 or have competent knowledge of any scientific domain.
Emirates Schools Establishment accepts students’ applications for Golden Residency.aLS
Also Read – How to Get Educational Documents Attested in Dubai?
How to Apply for a Golden Visa from Outside the UAE?
Before applying for a UAE Golden Visa, getting a six-month visa to enter the country and exploring the opportunities in the categories are a must for you to be nominated for a Gold Visa.
Submit your request for this multi-entry visa, and fill in an online form according to your profile, including investor, entrepreneur, and student. For a multi-entry visa for UAE, you need to attest your legal document from the Indian State Department, MEA attestation, and the UAE embassy in India. Your six-month visa is a pathway to enter the country and prove that you are talented and eligible to get a Golden Visa.
You may know about document attestation. It is a prerequisite to move to the UAE for work, business, and study. The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in India is the only authority for Indian government-issued documents attestation.
The MEA has officially approved Superb Enterprise to assist applicants as well as the State Department, MEA, and Embassies in India with attestation services.
If you live in India and looking for a dedicated professional team for document attestation, you can contact Superb Enterprise. We accept courier or attend visitors at the Superb Enterprise office in Delhi and all metro cities in India for document attestation services.
What are the Support Documents Required to Apply for a UAE Golden Visa?
Following are the documents included in the UAE Golden Visa requirements for an applicant.
- Attested university degree and academic transcript
- A copy of the residence permit (Emirate of Dubai)
- Passport copy
- Profession Granted – Outstanding Student
Following are the other accreditations necessary to apply for a UAE Golden Visa according to the applicant specialist category:
- A scientist is considered eligible to apply for a Golden Visa for UAE if he is recognized by the Emirates Scientist council or is a holder of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Medal for his Scientific excellency.
- A creative individual needs recognization from the Ministry of Culture and Youth.
- A patent approved by the Ministry of Economy is compulsory for an investor to get a UAE Golden Visa.
- Students with a minimum grade of 95 percent in secondary school and university students with a GPA of at least 3.75 upon graduation are eligible for a five-year Golden Visa.
- A doctor, Ph.D. holder, and engineer qualified from one of the top 500 accredited universities by the UAE Ministry of Education (MOE) are eligible to apply for a Golden Visa for UAE.
- The UAE government have introduced a new category, including managers and CEO, to apply for Golden Visas. Before applying for Golden Visa under this category, the candidate must have authenticated his university degree by the Ministry of Education (MOE).
If an applicant has completed his studies in the UAE, MOE authentication or attestation of documents is compulsory. One more crucial point to remember, this service is only applicable to those students who have passed out from the MOE accredited university.
Documents Attestation to Apply for a UAE Golden Visa
For example, you are an Indian investor and fit in the eligible category to obtain a UAE Golden Visa. Before moving abroad, you need document attestation to prove their authenticity and confirm that the documents are verified by the Indian State Department, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), and the concerned country embassy.
Attestation is a verification procedure prerequisite for an individual to validate his documents so he can use them abroad. There are different documents for attestation depending on the applicant’s purpose of moving abroad.
Superb Enterprise is an officially approved outsource company of the Indian MEA to support applicants as well as Indian government authorities and the embassy in India with attestation services. If you are moving abroad for education, employment, etc., and looking for professional attestation services, you must contact Superb Enterprise Pvt. Ltd.
The following are documents attested by the State Department, MEA, and embassy of the UAE for a student to apply for a Golden Visa.
- The original certificate (Degree or Diploma)
- Transcript of the original document for attestation.
- Previous Qualification: Secondary School Certificate attestation
Note: If you have not studied in the UAE, you must equalize and attest your documents according to UAE standards for a UAE Golden Visa.
What are the Benefits of the UAE Golden Visa?
The purpose of every new invention is the progress of the country and the people. The following are the benefits of UAE Golden Visas.
- Encourage investment in the UAE.
- Discounts and offers on cars, property, health care, hospitality, health insurance, and banking services for Golden Visa Holders.
- Golden visa holders get discounts on selected properties.
- Banks offer reduced mortgage fixed-interest rates and non-real estate investors appealing rates on savings accounts to real estate golden visa investors.
- The holders will also be entitled to reduced premiums on annual health insurance plans for families and individuals, with diverse network coverage and a bundle of benefits both inside and outside the UAE.
- Golden visa holders are eligible for price reductions on priority booking a home or car and get special payment facilities, maintenance offers, and licensing services.
- Golden Visa holders welcome special offers for dining, spa treatments, gyms, and stays at selected hotels in the UAE.
- The residence visa is granted to the spouse and children (with no age limit) to the UAE Golden Visa holder.
How do the Authorities Decide Who is Eligible for a UAE Golden Visa?
Following are the UAE Golden Visa requirements for people to apply for a 10-year Golden residence visa in the UAE.
1. Public investments of at least Dh10 million.
2. Specialized talents in science and knowledge, such as doctors, scientists, and inventors.
3. Speciality in the fields of culture and art.
4. If you have a doctorate or a patent, as outlined on the UAE’s government portal, you are eligible to apply for a Gold Visa in UAE.
One more thing to keep in your mind, if you are planning to apply for a Golden Visa, you need a valid employment contract in your specialized field of preference in the UAE.
How Much is the Price for the UAE Golden Visa?
- If you are applying for a Golden Visa in the UAE, it will cost you between AED 2,800 and AED 3,800.
- Applying for a Golden Visa for UAE from outside the country will cost you around AED 3,800 to AED 4,800.
The price for the UAE Golden Visa depends on the category you fit in and the type of visa.
If you or anyone in your family or friend is planning to apply for a UAE Golden Visa and looking for document attestation services in India or Dubai, contact Superb Enterprise.
We are MEA approved outsourcing company to guide and assist applicants with document attestation services.