A single status certificate is as crucial as a divorce certificate to prove that you are single or have no spouse. A single certificate has also been named a certificate of no marriage record (CENOMAR), a document you need to prove that I am single and can marry someone in a foreign country.
Various countries demand a single status certificate or celibacy certificate from foreign nationals as proof that they have never been married and eligible to marry.
For instance, if you are an Indian and stay in Italy and want to marry a citizen of Italy, you need a Nulla Osta certificate (Single Status Certificate) to prove that you have no spouse in your native country or any other nation.
This single status certificate, also known as a bachelorhood certificate and certificate of no impediment & should be made according to the judiciary laws of your concerned country.
In this blog, you will read the ways and procedures to get a single status certificate in India for Malaysia, the USA, the UK, UAE, or other countries.
Steps to Get a Single Status Certificate in India
There are two ways to get a single status certificate in India, and they are:
- You can apply for a single status certificate in India online with the help of an agency officially approved by the Indian Government authorities.
- You can visit Suvidha Kendra or the DC office for a signal status certificate online application.
If you are an NRI (Non-Resident Indian) and want to get a certificate of no marriage record (CENOMAR) from India, visit the Indian High Commissioner with the required documents.
In case you stay in the USA and cannot be present to apply for your single status certificate for the USA, your father or anyone can do it for you. But, for that, you need to write an authorization letter to give the authority to an individual to get your single status certificate on your behalf.
What is the Procedure to Get a Single Status Certificate in India?
Below is the procedure to get your single status certificate in India:-
- The competent court has jurisdiction over the area of your residential address and is the concerned authority that will issue your single status certificate.
- After 15 days of your application submission, the police officer of your area will visit your place to inquire about you. For that, you need a minimum of two witnesses who can support your statement that you are single or have no spouse in your country.
- After police verification, your single status certificate will be sent to the State Home Department for verification for document attestation. The State Home Department confirms the legitimacy of your single status certificate with its seal and sign.
- After the state-level verification, the certificate is sent to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) for the final document attestation from the side of your home country.
- Once your single status certificate is authorized by the MEA with its MEA attestation, thereafter, the embassy of your concerned country will attest to your document.
Attestation is essential to prove the authenticity of your signal status certificate to the government authorities of your destination country. However, a single status certificate apostille is compulsory to use the documents in the member countries of the Hague Apostille Convention 1961.
The MEA accepts applications for attestation by their outsourced agencies. For a single status certificate attestation, you can contact Superb Enterprise Pvt.Ltd (SEPL). The MEA has officially approved SEPL for providing fast, reliable, and comprehensive attestation and apostille services in India.
What are the Documents Required to Get a Single Status/Bachelorhood Certificate in India?
For a Single Status Certificate, you need to submit some documents, and they are:
- An affidavit that states you are single and it should state details like your address, identity, and witnesses’ names.
- Attach address proof like your bank passbook, rental agreement, voter ID, or Aadhar card with your affidavit when you fill a single status application online or offline.
- Your passport or visa
- Your birth certificate, NABC, or school certificate
- Your parents’ id proof like their voter ID or Aadhaar card
What is the Format of a Single Status Certificate?
An affidavit is a kind of declaration that you proclaim to prove something. The format of writing an affidavit to get a single status certificate has no static format. But, you should follow certain points to make your single status affidavit an impeccable way to get a single status certificate from the Indian embassy.
Sample of Affidavit of Single Status Certificate.
The beginning of the letter starts with an I, your name, son of, your father and mother names, with your permanent address in India, solemnly affirm and declare as follows:
1. I am an Indian citizen
2. I was born in this place on this date
3. I am a holder of an Indian passport number _______ issued by ________ and valid from this date to that.
4. I am single, have never been married, and have no spouse in India or any other country.
5. I am eligible to marry an Indian or citizen of any country according to law.
6. I am in a mentally and physically fit condition.
7. The information provided here is correct to the best of my knowledge.
Solemnly declared at (place of signature) on (date of signature).
(your signature) (the sub-divisional magistrate’s signature)
How Much Time Does It Require?
The duration depends on the procedure and the departments that provide you with a signal status certificate to prove you are single and have no spouse in India or abroad. Moreover, the single status certificate apostille or attestation takes a different amount of time.
For single status certificate apostille or attestation, you can take the help of Superb Enterprise Pvt.Ltd (SEPL).
Being the outsourcing agency of MEA, we collect documents from applicants for attestation and apostille, submit documents to the concerned authorities and deliver the attested certificates to the applicant. Our team has the experience and expertise to complete your document apostille or attestation procedure without any hindrances.